Pages

Friday, November 1, 2013

Winter hidey hole progress

In the process of quilting this winter scene. No batiks this time - I had that grey tree background stuff that I started with, looks like faraway forest (I hope)

I read someone's blog yesterday that had a winter scene and the trees had shadows. It made all the difference in her quilt. I want to try that. See where I have quilted wavy lines under the trees on the right. How to make the shadows?

Paint? Pastel crayons? Thread?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

7 comments:

  1. Lovely, your winter hiding place ! Maybe you could try to work out the shadow placement on a paper copy before? I think I would try that - because I would be afraid to getting it wrong ;-)) As for the technique - I would probably use thread, but that's just because I could take it out again ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love!!!!! And I am in Houston at the intl quilt show, buying love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chalk could be an option for shadows. Love it. It's coming along great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use Prisma colored pencils for shading. Have been enjoying this series you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect fabrics for this quilt! Not sure how to make tree shadows either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your art quilt! For shadows, I would try light blue or purple-gray fabrics, or possibly some tulle?

    ReplyDelete