Pages

Friday, December 5, 2014

Kayaking cousins quilt

 

 

My two adventurous cousins took a day long kayak trip last summer and went to explore caves in this island on Lake Champlain. So I used this picture that they took of the island.

 

And took the feet from this picture (Facebook pic of the two cousins feet)

 

And made this art quilt!

One cousin is the camping woman of the woods type

 

And he other is alittle more girly and is a nurse in the breast cancer ward in the hospital

 

I used my new inktense pencils to make the feet - love them!

 

Amazing I get anything done after running around with my new pup Zu Zu. Here she looks like an angel but she is into everything and has chewed up half my house already.

 

This WAS a spool of aurifill thread I found on the floor when I got home yesterday.

 


How can I get mad at this cutie pie though
: -)

 

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea for a quilt. I especially love the feet (and the cute pup).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the feet. I think you are intense artist skills to be able to do that. Mine would have looked like "pigs"

    I have about 3 or 4 of those thread things. McGee and JuJu make quite the imaginative couple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. a tired dog is a good dog! My 12 year old poodle has become puppy like again, chewing up my stuff. I am amazed at the life like feet. Did you color them in then wet the fabric or paint on damp fabric or what?? LeeAnna at not afraid of color
    still want to come play with you some time

    ReplyDelete