Pages

Thursday, June 11, 2015

OMG quilts

There is a group of art quilters on Facebook called OMG quilts that peaked my interest. The OMG stands for organic modern graphic. So far I've not been a fan of the " modern quilts". But this group has many rules of which I like - first being no piecing. All appliqué which works for me. There are size constraints. No problem. The two rules that I find hard is it must be graphic and made with organic shapes - no pictorial designs and my brain just can't wrap around just a concept. Easier said than done.

So I went with an idea that doesn't meet the criteria of non pictorial or organic shapes technically but it works for me, was a blast to make with all the free motion quilting area to play in and well ..... That is why we make quilts isn't it?

It is 30"x20"

I used a thick red thread to quilt these words to live by

We are all girls no matter what our age after all.

 

I really like how my quilting came out - The photo isn't really showing it off very well but trust me

It's magnificent!

If you want to check out the Facebook group go here

These women really know their stuff and if you're like me and are not really into modern quilts this is a good place to start.

 

 

3 comments:

  1. This looks great - I think its a great idea to have challenges that stretch you outside your comfort zone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful quilting, and it all fits so snugly around the writing. Such fun!

    Thank you for linking up with Free Motion Mavericks!

    Love, Muv

    ReplyDelete