Pages

Friday, June 26, 2015

Snow bunny off the edge quilting

This is my monthly off the edge quilting project to go along with the so scrappy rainbow quilt challenge where she tells us a color each month and quilters do blocks with scraps with that color.

This month was light blue.

 

I used a novelty print square for this one and a nice light blue mottled batik for the background.

As you can see I held myself back from doing a lot of coloring in like my last few off the edge projects and I have to say that sometimes less is more. I like it :-)

 

I started by drawing the trees, snow and bunny in his hidey hole in pencil, then free motion quilted over the pencil with black thread. (These illustration photos were taken inside and the finish at the top outside which shows you what a difference taking your photos with natural light makes)

But I digress :-)

 

Sky is stippled with light blue thread.

 

I had to do some color so dabbed some pearl white fabric paint on some of the snow and colored the background snow with white thread.

 

Colored in the bunny's eyes with black micron pen and with colored pencil his "lair".

You can see him better now. He's so cute!

Go to the rainbow scrap challenge every Saturday to see all the blocks of a different color.

 

 

 

12 comments:

  1. This is soooo cute! But please tell me the bear is not going to get the bunny...... !?! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little bunny. The eyes are so expressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how cute. And thanks for explaining your process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a wonderful quilt. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome. From concept to finish. The wizard of Oz is my fave movie. LeeAnna who would be a horse of a different color

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your off the edge quilts are so lovely. I agree with you that with this one less is more. Thanks for sharing your step by step process.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great challenge interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a delight and such a great take on the light blue month! Adorable bunny rabbit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That turned out very well. :- ) Sometimes less IS more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful piece of art. You are good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my! I had to re read this it was so interesting! I love that you chose this piece to do off the edge. It is so different from a flower print. It is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You do such beautiful work. I need to try this technique, but on a much simpler scale.

    ReplyDelete