Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2016

Goodnight psychedelic moon

While I do like how this landscape came out, I had a heck of a time trying to get the color of the moon right.

Lower left is what I started out with but decided it was to light. Adding some violet brought me to lower right. In retrospect I should have left it at that but no! More is more so added some more reddish purple and some white to blend to get to middle right. Didn't like that so how about some yellow for a glow? Then ended up adding some more of all the colors and blended them together and called it done.

I like how the variegated green thread looks for grass and plants.

I wish I lived in a place where I could sit naked and gaze at a psychedelic moon :-)

 

 

 

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I didn't know she was naked! Now that is right up my alley". Sitting naked on a hillside is easier achieved than the psychedelic moon!

    I like the end result. That you carried it through to the water pulls it all together. Did the background around the moon change or is it the lighting on the fabric? I was wondering how you handled that

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing your testing process, and I think it came out well. I like having a little yellow/red rather than just purple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love this! Sew perfect

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love how the mellow glow of the moon shown down on the sea.
    Your colors are wonderful, enhanced by quilting. Being a moon child myself,i found this piece most delightful!

    ReplyDelete